|Procedure Name||Procedure to request for Import License of ICT equipment|
According to Law on Telecommunication (Amended), No. 09/NA dated 21 December 2011 and Law on Information Technology No. 02/NA, dated 07 November 2016, Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications governs the import of ICT equipment.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of ICT equipment is Decision on the Import and Distribution of ICT Equipment No. 3201/MPI, dated 16 November 2016.
Note: In order to provide a comprehensive explanation, we classify procedure into colors as followings:
- Blue Area: Action conducted by importer;
1. To request for Import License of ICT Equipment, importer shall prepare following documents:
- Request Letter (download here)
2. Importer submits all mentioned documents above at Department of Information and Communication Technology, Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications (MPT)
3. Department of Information and Communication Technology considers request and conditions of importer in order to issue “Import License of ICT Equipment” within 10 working days. Except for ICT equipment that has never been certified in Lao PDR and requires technical check may take longer time.
4. When Department of Information and Communication Technology approves the request to issue “Import License of ICT Equipment”, the Department will notify importer to get “Import License of ICT Equipment” and pay fee for 100,000 Kips and service for 100,000 Kips.
5. Import License (See sample here)
6. Importer declare with customs authority to import.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By||Download|
|Request Letter to Import ICT Equipment||Request Letter to Import ICT Equipment||23-03-2017||23-03-2017||Ministry of Post and Telecommunications|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To|
|Charge fee for Import Permit of Telecommunications Equipment||Duty/Tax Payable||Ministry of Post and Telecommunications||Charge fee for import permit of telecommunications equipment of 100,000 Kip/time||For state revenue collection purpose||Edict on Fees and Service Charges No. 003/PO (Article 1 - 64)||31-12-9999|